Windows 1719 Error occurs when people have a problem accessing the Windows Installer service. The error typically appears when you are attempting to install or uninstall a program which can include Windows Update and other Microsoft programs. The actual file affected is “MSIEXEC.EXE” which can either be corrupted or missing. You need to resolve the issues with the file to be able to install or uninstall programs successfully. This tutorial will help you cure Windows 1719 errors.
What Causes The 1719 Error?
The various 1719 errors are primarily caused by faulty Windows Installer as a result of damaged or corrupted settings, and missing installation files which prevent Windows from properly using the Windows Installer service. The error also appears when you are attempting to install software such as Microsoft Office that uses the “.msi” (Microsoft Software Installer) package extension. The problems can also be caused by errors inside the registry. You need to repair the errors in order to fix the problem – which can be accomplished using the steps outlined below:
How To Fix Error 1719
Step 1 – Re-Register Windows Installer
In most cases, the problem can be fixed by re-registering the msiexec.exe onto your system. You can easily re-register the Windows Installer by following these steps:
- Click Start> Run, and type “cmd” in the dialogue box that appears, and click OK or press Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window, “msiexec /unreg” and press Enter.
- Next, type “msiexec /regserver” and then press Enter. If you have a 64-bit version of Windows 7, run this command instead “C:\Windows\syswow64\Msiexec /regserver” and press Enter to re-register the file.
- Finally, reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Step 2 – Re-Install Windows Installer
Re-installing Windows Installer can also cure the Windows 1719 errors. You first need to rename files that have become corrupted and then proceed with the installation of the Windows Installer. Follow these steps:
- Click Start> Run, and type “cmd” and then press Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands and press Enter after each of them:
cd %windir%\system32attrib -r -s -h dllcache
ren msi.dll msi.bak
ren msiexec.exe msiexec.bak
ren msihnd.dll msihnd.bak
- Reboot your PC.
- After logging in Windows, download the latest Microsoft Windows Installer from the Microsoft website and install it on your system.
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry
The “registry” is a big source of critical errors in your PC that cause your system to slow down and run with lots of errors. The registry is a large central database that is used by Windows to store the important options and settings for all files and programs. The registry performs a vital role that enables your computer to run smoothly. However, it keeps encountering errors as a result of accessing multiple registry keys at the same time which causes confusion when saving them leading to registry keys becoming damaged or corrupted. After these registry keys are damaged or corrupted your computer will show error messages. You need to repair the errors inside the registry by using a reliable ‘registry cleaner’ program that can effectively perform a thorough scan and quickly repairs the errors.
We highly recommend that you use this cleaning tool to restore the health of your PC by correcting the faults in your system, fixing 99% of errors and even remove viruses.