Msvcp100.dll is a kind of runtime library file which is essential for applications like the Visual c++ 2010 program. In fact, this file is very important for supporting any applications that use a c++ application. However, although the file is very important for using and create files with this platform, it can also become problematic and cause a lot of errors. When this happens, you need to be able to understand the different causes of the problem in order to properly address the issue. In this case, take note that when something goes wrong inside the file, the computer will inform you through one of the following error messages:
- “The program cannot start because MSVCP100.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this error”
- “Cannot find the file msvcp100.dll (or one of its components.)”
- “Error starting program. A required .DLL file msvcp100.dll was not found.”
What Causes msvcp100.dll Errors?
Basically, the common reason why the computer is no longer able to support any programs or files with a c++ orientation is because the msvcp.dll file is missing, or because it has become corrputed. If the file came from an untrusted source, it’s most likely that the file will experience problems in the long run. Further, other causes of the issue may be infection in the computer system as well as errors with the registry. There are several ways to fix the issue and the following sections will outline the steps on how you can do so.
How to Fix the MSVCP100.dll Error on Your PC
Step 1 – Re-Install the Programs Causing the Error
One of the easiest ways that you can fix the problem is by reinstalling any of the applications that could be causing the error. These programs are easy to identify because errors messages would normally come about when you try to access them. To reinstall the applications, follow these steps:
- Click Start and then go to Control Panel.
- For Windows XP choose Add/Remove Programs while for Windows Vista and 7 choose Uninstall a Program
- Find the problematic application from the list provided
- Select the program and then choose “Remove” or “Uninstall”
- Follow instructions on how to remove the program and complete the steps
- Restart the computer after all steps have been completed
- Install the program once more using the CD or the zip file
Take note that if there are multiple programs to remove, they may have to be uninstalled separately.
Step 2 – Re-Install the “Visual C++ Redistributable” Package
The MSVCP100.dll file is included in the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable 64 bit Package. To ensure that the problem can be resolved, it’s important for users to reinstall the entire package. The package is available at Microsoft’s website and can be downloaded for free. Download the file and follow instructions on installation.
Step 3 – Manually Replace the msvcp100.dll File on your PC
The problem may be with the msvcp100.dll file itself, rather than any program, in which case it will need to be replaced. To manually replace the file, follow these steps:
- Download msvcp100.zip from our server
- Unzip the msvcp100.dll file into the computer system
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Find the existing msvcp100.dll on your system
- Change the name of the existing msvcp100.dll to msvcp100.dllBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new msvcp100.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 msvcp100.dll” on the black screen
- Press the Enter key
Step 4 – Clean Out the Registry of Windows
The error could be a result of damaged registry entries in your hard drive. If so, then the only thing to do is clean this important sector, as an unmaintained registry will only lead to more and more problems the longer you leave it. To do this, download a registry cleaner application. Follow the instructions on installation and then run the program. So long as you choose a recommended program, it will be easy to use and will erase all problematic components in this important database.