Windows Error 2 is a common error that occurs when you try and attempt to install a language pack on your computer system. When installing this language pack, there are two ways that you can receive the Windows Error 2. They include:
- If you received the error after cancelling the update, try to install the language pack again and do not cancel the installation
- If you received the error but did not cancel the update, restart the computer and then try to install the language pack again.
What Causes The Windows Error 2?
An error like this would normally be caused by the following conditions:
- Registry keys have been damaged or corrupt
- Windows settings have been damaged
- Windows Update is not working properly
How To Fix The Windows Error 2
Step 1 – Install The Language Pack
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- Click View available updates.
- Select the language pack that you want to install, and then click Install. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Step 2 – Clean Out The Registry
One of the big causes of Windows 2 errors is through the “registry” database of your computer. This is a large database which stores vital information & settings for your PC, and is used continually to help Windows to read the files, settings & options that it needs to run. Although the registry is one of the most important parts of every Windows system, it’s continually causing a large number of problems thanks to the way it will often become corrupted and unreadable. This is the cause behind many Windows 2 errors, and needs to be resolved by using a reliable “registry cleaner” application.
This step is best completed by downloading Frontline Registry Cleaner, and letting it clean out any of the problems that your system may have inside.